Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

Giddy Up!

Hi everyone, Brett here!
Last weekend we went to Chincoteague Island with my Daddy's side of the family (Grandmommy, Granddaddy, Jason, Debbie, Macy, and Laney). I was all kinds of excited about the trip when we first started out, but nobody really told me how LONG it was going to take! By the time we got to Richmond I was really losing it, so thankfully Mommy and Daddy decided that it was time to stop for supper. After supper they put me in my pj's and I just went to sleep in the car, so the rest of the trip wasn't so bad. When I woke up in the morning I was in a strange house, but my family was all there! Once everyone got up and moving we went to the Chincoteague Pony Center, where they have these super cute ponies.
Then, guess what? We got to ride on the pony! Here is my cousin Laney taking the first turn:

This is what Macy and I were doing while we waited:

Here is Macy's turn:

Then it was finally my turn!
Mommy and Daddy were really proud of me for being such a big boy and riding the pony around the ring several times, and I had a blast! (The parental units are amused and slightly confused, because several times this summer I wanted nothing to do with merry-go-rounds, but apparently I'm fine with the real thing.) After my ride the nice girls gave me a blue ribbon that says "I Rode a Pony at the Chincoteague Pony Center." I was so proud of myself.
After our pony rides (and hitting up the gift shop, of course), we headed out to Assateague Island. We were all excited to see lots of wild ponies:
We went to the beach, but we didn't stay very long because it was really windy. It was a little strange to wear jackets on the beach, but we played in the sand for a little while.
All the grown-ups just loved this picture of Laney and me:
Even though it was a little cool and windy, look how pretty it was!
On Saturday night NASA launched a rocket from an island really close to where we were, so we all walked out to a pier near the house we were staying in to watch. Mommy and Daddy were excited about this next picture, because Daddy used to try to put me on his shoulders like this when I was younger, and to be honest it really freaked me out. Now, for some reason, I think it's super fun.
Mommy's including this picture because she thinks it's adorable:
The picture of the launch isn't much to look at, but it was cool to see it in person.
Besides the ponies and the beach, the big highlight of the weekend for me and my cousins was this super cool tree swing in the backyard. (Sometimes the simple things are the best.)
It was a great weekend, although we were all pretty pooped by the end of it!

No comments: