Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

9 months old

Hi guys, Shelby here!  I'm 9 months old now, if you can believe that craziness, so Mommy wanted me to give you an update on what I'm up to these days.  First of all, I'm getting really big!  I had my checkup this week, and we found out that I weigh 22 lbs. 6 oz. (95th percentile) and I'm 29 inches tall (90%).  In other words, I'm about the size of an average one-year-old, which explains why 12 month clothes fit me perfectly right now.  I like to eat (as if you couldn't tell from the stats).  I eat a pretty good variety of fruits and veggies, and I'm starting to try more finger foods and stuff that the rest of the fam is eating, like mashed potatoes, yogurt, little bits of bread, and cooked carrots.

On Friday (August 13), my first tooth came through!  I have at least one more that's really close, so I've been a little cranky about that.  Also on Friday, I started clapping, which is pretty cute if I do say so myself. (Especially because it doesn't always mean that I like something - this evening I was clapping and screaming at the same time.)

Now for some really big news: as of today (Sunday, August 15), I am a crawler!  I've been scooting and rolling around for a while now and about 2 weeks ago I figured out how to sit up by myself from laying down on the floor, but now I am officially crawling forward on my hands and knees.  Brett's already freaking out about me getting into his toys!

Speaking of Brett, I adore him.  I think he's hilarious, and I love it when he plays with me.  I especially like it when he lets me attack his face.

I'm making a lot of new sounds now, too.  The only one that I do regularly that seems to actually mean something is "dada" (this appears to mean Mommy or Daddy right now - I'm not saying "mama" yet).  I have said "baba" when it seemed like I might mean "bye bye" and "nana" when I might have meant "night night", but I've only done each of those once so Mommy's not sure yet if it was intentional.  Mainly, though, I just like to yell.

I'm also starting to get a lot more curious about everything around me.  Brett's toys are fascinating, which he's not too amused about.  It's also getting difficult for Mommy to take pictures of me because I like to grab the camera.

Well, that's all I can think of for now.  As you can tell, I'm growing and changing every day.  I can't wait to test out this new crawling thing some more tomorrow!

No comments: