(well, this past Tuesday)...and we got to stay all day!
We saw lions (including the cubs, which was pretty cool).
We also saw gorillas.
This gorilla didn't seem to be enjoying the chilly weather.
Daddy threatened to throw me (Brett) in with the alligators if I wasn't a good boy at the zoo. I'm pretty sure he was joking, but I kept an eye on this guy just in case...
Shelby liked to get out of the stroller to check out some of the animals up close, particularly in the reptile and ape houses. We both thought the turtles and snakes were awesome.
We decided to have our lunch on a bench where we had a good view of the orangutans climbing on the cable line over our heads.
We saw lots of great animals...
...although Mommy didn't take pictures of all of them. My favorite parts were watching the orangutans climbing and the boa constrictor that got up in my face from the other side of the glass and tried to smell me with his tongue. Shelby's favorite was the huge orangutan that sat down in front of her and made faces at her while she was in the stroller. She also seemed to enjoy watching the anaconda having his once-every-six-weeks meal.
*Mommy note: As a kid, I was terrified of the reptile house. I remember walking through there with my face hidden in my dad's arm. Both of my kids loved it - go figure.


No comments:
Post a Comment