I'm still here! I know it's been a while, but we haven't really had anything special going on to post about. I'll get better, I promise. I realize that it might not actually matter to any of you out in internet land whether I post anything on here or not, but it matters to me. You see, I have mommy guilt. I know what you're thinking - who doesn't? Yes, we all have mommy guilt about something, probably multiple things every day, actually. Anyway, one of my many sources of mommy guilt is the fact that my children do not have scrapbooks. Nope, not even baby books. Instead, they have boxes in the basement where I have collected little scraps of their lives - birthday cards, random pictures and certificates, artwork, even post-it notes with dates and notes on them, like "first step today". I started the boxes with the intentions of transforming all the little tidbits into something creative and beautiful. Instead, I now realize, I will most likely just be handing them the boxes at some point when they're all grown up. Maybe it will even be as a gift when they're feeling guilty about not creating baby books for their own children. "Don't worry honey, all you had was a box, and you turned out just fine." Anyway, this blog is my version of a scrapbook. A couple of months without posting doesn't mean that we haven't been busy, though. On the contrary, sometimes it just means that I'm busy living with my family and I sometimes forget to take the time (or choose not to take the time) to document that life. So here I am, on a snow day, doing my best to relieve and release the mommy guilt. :)
February...
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment