Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Vacation!

This summer, Josh and I did something that we've never done before: we took a real grown up vacation without our children!  Now, don't misunderstand...I really do love family trips.  However, to keep it short and sweet: we needed this, we deserved this, and we had a blast!

We stayed in Marathon, Florida (in the middle of the Keys) with our friends Heather and Jeremy.  Here are a few highlights from the trip....

The view from our porch:



Apparently iguanas enjoy hanging out by the pool, too.  We saw quite a few of these big suckers, as well as lots of little geckos.  The resort had cats roaming around to "keep the reptile population in check."  Seriously.


A day in Key West...we had to start with Key Lime Pie!



Standard touristy pictures...

 Josh got pulled out of the crowd to help hold the unicycle still for the angry street performer.  He was thrilled. ;)
Look at the sign: Eyes on Duval St.!


Back at the resort...shenanigans.  Jeremy and Josh decided that it was time to harvest coconuts from the tree.  This attracted the attention and admiration of several other men.
 Success!






On our last night in the Keys, we finally got a glimpse of one of those famous sunsets. (It was cloudy every evening.)







We ended the trip with a visit to the Dolphin Research Center.

I am seriously so glad we went on this trip, but I was ready to see my babies by the time we got home!

No comments: