Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

I realized that it has been a while since I did any "blogging," (just typing that word makes me want to wear a pocket protector) so I thought that I would try to update the world on what's been happening in the Eye house over the last month.
We had a Super Bowl party at our house. Brett really liked having so many people here to play with (and I liked taking pictures of people with the funny 3-D glasses).
Then, early in February, we finally had a REAL snow day! We got Brett all bundled up in his super cute snow bibs, coat, hat, and mittens. The poor little guy could barely move! He wasn't too sure at first about venturing off of the driveway...
...but once I convinced him to come out into the yard he had lots of fun! It was a little hard for him to walk (maybe more because he was so bundled up than because of the couple inches of snow), but we had lots of fun walking around in the yard and throwing snow at Daddy.
I tried to get Brett to make snow angels, but he didn't really like sitting or laying down in the snow. Brett has some new tricks now, too. He is now speaking in 3-4 word phrases, which is funny to hear out of such a little person. He is also singing some of the songs that we've been singing to him since he was a tiny baby. His current favorites are "The Wheels on the Bus," "Ring around the Rosie," "Ernie Big Bird," (a song that Josh's mom made up when he was little), "Happy Birthday," and "ABCs." Brett is also becoming very well acquainted with the time-out stool, because his parents love him very much and they don't want him to turn into a brat. (We're both elementary school teachers - we know what we're up against.) Don't get me wrong: Brett is a sweetheart, and he makes us laugh hysterically every day, but right now some of his favorite words/phrases are "No!" "Mines!" and "Brett do it!"

No comments: