On Saturday morning, we left Jack and Mary's house (Jack and Mary are super fun friends of my grandparents), and we got on the Metro. Now, I wasn't too sure about this speedy train thing. I wouldn't stay in the stroller, and Mommy or Daddy had to hold me the whole time. Mommy really wishes she had thought to take some pictures of the distressed faces I was making. Eventually, though, we made it to the zoo, and I forgot all about my traumatic ride! (I actually did better on the train on the way back, and I've been asking to go back on the train since we got home.)
People, I have to tell you...the zoo is amazing! Did you know that they have all kinds of animals there? Here are a few of my favorites:
I got a little annoyed with Mommy while she was taking this picture, because I had to have my back turned to the super cool elephants.
Look at this crazy orangutan climbing way up high!
Mommy even sucked it up and went in the reptile house with me, which I really liked. The crocodiles and giant turtles were especially cool.
I tried to keep an eye on Uncle Mikie all the time, even if he was walking behind my stroller.
I started to get a little tired (I just plopped down on the sidewalk), so we didn't make it all the way through the zoo, but Mommy and Daddy said that we will definitely go back sometime.
After the zoo, the parental units took me back to Jack and Mary's house, where I got to spend the evening with them AND Grandmommy and Granddaddy! (Mommy and Daddy went out for "grown-up time" in DC, whatever that means.) Here is a picture of them with their buddies from VT. Can you spot my little baby brother or sister in there? Mommy wanted Carrie to get in front of her so she wouldn't look so big. :-)
Role Call (from left to right): Daddy (duh), Doug, Mikie, Sean, Allison, Carrie, Mommy (duh again), Katherine, Richard, and Peter.
It was an awesome weekend, and Mommy and Daddy said that I was a good boy and it was super fun taking me to the zoo, so they're already making plans for all of the fun things that we're going to do this summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment