Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sunny Day, Sweeping the Clouds Away..

Oh my goodness people, I have so much to tell you!
A couple of days ago Mommy and Daddy threw me and a whole bunch of our stuff in the car, and it felt like we drove forever! We finally got to this place that was called a "hotel." Now, for some of my more well-traveled friends (like Reese), this may not sound all that exciting, but I was pretty pumped about it. Here I am hanging out in the hotel room with Daddy:
Now, I thought the hotel was amazing until the next morning - that's when I discovered the real reason for this trip: WE WENT TO SESAME STREET! Seriously! (Mommy would like me to add that we actually went to a theme park in Pennsylvania called Sesame Place, but I will swear up and and down that I actually spent two days on Sesame Street.) For those of you who really know me, you can imagine how exciting this was: I am a bit of a Sesame Street fanatic! It started out as an obsession with Elmo, but I now love all of my Sesame Street friends.
The first day started off a little rough, because Mommy and Daddy had this crazy idea that I might like to go on a carousel - they were very, very wrong. However, they quickly found a way to cheer me up and get me in the Sesame mood: Elmo's World Live! Really, he was right there! Here's Elmo and Mr. Noodle (Mr. Noodle's nephew Mr. Noodle, for you Sesame Street purists):
Dorothy the fish (she was a big hit):
(We went back to this show on the second day, and I got to give Mr. Noodle a high-five!)
After the show I was definitely happier, so we checked out some of the hot spots on the Street. The famous stoop:

Oscar's trash can - knock knock, is anybody home? We also met some of the characters finally - Bert and Ernie, and Oscar (who knew that guy had so many trash cans all over the place?):
Then I got to play in "Big Bird's Nest" - this was just my speed:
In the afternoon there was a parade with ALL of the characters (even Prarie Dawn - Mommy was happy to see that they let her wear a new dress finally).
After the parade we went to Abby's show, where there was lots of singing and dancing. That was about all the fun I could handle, so we went back to the hotel for a little rest, but then when we went back to Sesame Street after my nap I got to meet Abby, Elmo, and Big Bird!
Abby even let Daddy hold her special wand.

I went on a big boy ride with Daddy - the spinning teacups! This is actually one of Mommy's favorite rides, but she wasn't allowed to go on it because she has my little baby brother or sister in her tummy. Apparently rides like this make babies dizzy.


They did the parade again in the evening, so of course I wanted to see it again. (A toddler's life is all about repetition.) Mommy and Daddy think it's funny that I get so excited about some of the more obscure characters, like Hoots.
That was a really great day, and I went back to the hotel and crashed. But guess what? I got to go back to Sesame Street the next morning! This time I was very excited about checking out all kinds of things, like Big Bird's mailbox, sitting on the stoop with Mommy, playing with the cash register at the fruit stand, and driving the Sesame Street fire truck. (We also went back to the Elmo show.)

Then, the most amazing thing of all happened. Mommy and Daddy took me to a special lunch where I got to hug and talk to a whole bunch of those cool cats from Sesame Street! (Daddy looks annoyed in the first picture, but he was having a blast, trust me.)

If you're happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

THE NEPHEW OF MR. NOODLE! What a cop out! But seriously... SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait to take Reesie... honestly I just want to see Dorothy. I want to get a fish just so we can name her/him Dorothy (we don't discriminate). Bryan of course says that's stupid and forbids me from in fact purchasing a fish.