We've had a great time hanging out at home together this summer. One of the things that we thought Brett would be excited about was playing with water in the backyard. We were wrong. He has this super cute sprinkler, and this is as close as he will get to it:
He does, however, enjoy watering people's feet.
We've also done a lot of work on the house over the last several weeks. Brett is completely moved into his big boy room (after we cleared out, painted, and redecorated our old office). We've also painted our bedroom and bathroom, so that after living in this house for 4 years, every room is finally painted! Yay! I've been working on the baby's room, and it's starting to look very cute, but I'll include pictures of that later when it's closer to being ready. The other big house project for the summer was fixing our front steps. The old ones were, quite frankly, jacked up, and I was always worried that someone was going to get hurt on them. So, Josh (along with our friends Jeremy and Chris), rebuilt our steps! They're much sturdier now, so I don't have to worry about the UPS man suing us because he fell through our steps while delivering one of the many packages of nursery items that I have ordered. (Jeremy had to leave before the steps were completely finished, so he's not included in the after photo.)
About two weeks ago, we took a little trip down to Blacksburg to visit the Pattisons. Usually when we get together it's for a birthday party or a football game or some other special event, so it was really nice to just hang out with our friends for a couple of days. Brett really loved playing with Reese. He especially enjoyed all of her awesome dress-up clothes, and I have decided that we really need to get him some fun things like that.
As much as Brett hated the sprinkler in the yard, I wasn't so sure about taking him to the pool, but it turns out that he loves it! We went earlier this week with Grandmommy and cousins Macy and Laney, and Brett had a blast. We started out in the kiddie pool, and he wasn't afraid at all to move around and play by himself. He even started doing this funny little squat/walk thing to get more of his body in the water. We moved to the big pool, then, and spent most of our time in there. (I don't have any pictures of that part because I got in the pool too, and it felt fabulous! Nothing feels better on a rapidly growing pregnant belly than the weightlessness of a pool, but there's no way I'm posting pictures of myself in a bathing suit.)
This morning we went to the Harrisonburg Children's Museum for our friend Denali's birthday party. What a great place for a kid's party! Brett loves the little farmer's market, garden, and kitchen area. He told us on the way home that his favorite part was "shopping" (piling lots of play fruit into a basket).
He took a break from playing with the food and building block masterpieces with Daddy to check out Rosie the tarantula:
And of course, there was cake:
So there you have it: we're all caught up now (at least on everything that I remembered while sitting here and had pictures for). We've really had a fun and productive summer, and I can't believe that it's already time to go back to school!


No comments:
Post a Comment