Hey everyone, Shelby here! My awesome parents threw a big birthday bash in my honor, and although it was a little stressful for them, it was a huge success!
Mommy and Daddy wanted to make sure that the kids at my party didn't get bored, so they put out huge sheets of paper and crayons for coloring and mats and tunnels for running and playing.
Of course, Brett and I had to try everything out before the guests arrived.
When our friends got to the party, we had a blast coloring and running (or crawling).
Our friends Reese and Emma had lots of love for the birthday girl. :)
After playing, it was time to eat. I get very excited about food, can you tell?
People really love it when you take their pictures while they're eating! ;)
This is my youngest party guest, Lucy. She didn't get to enjoy any of the yummy food. Maybe next year, girlfriend.
Apparently for my big bro's first birthday, Mommy made all of the cakes and it was a lot of work and stress. She's smarter than that now, but she still made me my own individual cake. It was a cute butterfly. (For some reason the picture won't turn around, but you get the idea.) Everyone else had a delicious store-bought cake, and Mommy hopefully got to keep a little bit of her sanity.
Before I knew what was happening, Mommy and Daddy stripped my clothes off and everybody started singing to me! (I thought the singing was pretty funny.) Then, they let me eat cake! Dear cake, where have you been all my life?
I offered Daddy some cake, and he said it was quite tasty.
Check out what my cake looked like when I was finished!
After the cake, it was time to open presents.
The truth is that I wasn't really into the gift opening thing, but I got some fantastic gifts that I've been enjoying ever since the party. While the other kids "helped" my Mommy open my presents, I went exploring. I was hoping to taste some crayon to wash down the cake while nobody was watching, but apparently Mommy sent one of her spies with a camera after me.
A girl could seriously get used to this birthday party thing, although I was pretty much exhausted by the end of it.
I'm number one!


No comments:
Post a Comment