Hey people, Brett and Shelby here! We thought that for the special Christmas edition of the blog we could work together to tell you about our holiday. Mommy says that yes, she realizes that it is now 1 month and 1 day after Christmas, but things have been busy, especially since someone has been sick in our house for the past 3 weeks. Anyway, today is a snow day, so Mommy has a little time to help us tell you about what we did for Christmas!
On Christmas Eve we went to Nana and Pawpaw's house to open presents and have lunch together.
While we were there, I (Shelby) got to meet Great-Grandma Burke for the first time. She was visiting from Georgia.
Later in the day, we went to Grandmommy and Granddaddy's house for supper. Then we got dressed up in our fancy Christmas outfits and went to the Christmas Eve service at church. Don't we look spiffy?
After church, Shelby went straight to bed, but I (Brett) stayed up a little later to get ready for Santa! I wrote him a special note (it said "Dear Santa, I love you, Love Brett) and set it out with a glass of milk and the cookies that I helped Mommy make. I also counted out eight carrots for the reindeer plus one more for Rudolph. Notice that Rudolph's carrot is beside Santa's cookies and not with the other carrots. I told Mommy and Daddy that I did that because Santa likes Rudolph the best.
When we woke up on Christmas morning, our living room looked like this!
Apparently Daddy was waiting not so patiently for us kids to get up. He actually ended up waking us up because he couldn't wait any longer.
We started with the special stockings on our bedroom doors. Brett got "The Evil Dr. Porkchop"...
and Shelby got her very own Mickey Mouse (she's a big fan).
We discovered that Santa and the reindeer ate their treats, and the big guy even left us a very nice note.
Santa brought Brett the one thing that he really wanted: a Jessie the cowgirl doll.
Santa brought Shelby a phone, which she started chatting on immediately.
(Note from Mommy: I really love this next picture for two reasons. The first is the look on Brett's face, after he found a Bert figurine in his stocking - he has lots of Sesame figures, but he was missing Bert. The second reason is that Shelby was busy talking on her phone and was apparently too cool to look at the camera at this point. Is this a preview of years to come?)
After we opened presents we had our special Christmas morning breakfast: birthday cake for Jesus! (Blueberry Coffee Cake) We even sang Happy Birthday and blew out a candle.
Later in the morning we met our cousins Macy and Laney (and Uncle Jason and Aunt Debbie) at Grandmommy and Granddaddy's house. The big kids spent some time comparing their new video games...
...while Shelby was being silly with the grown-ups in the kitchen.
Then we opened MORE presents, and spent the rest of the day hanging out with the family.
Of course, when we got home in the evening, I (Brett) took a little time to play with my new dress-up clothes.
It was a great day! Happy (belated) Christmas, everybody!


No comments:
Post a Comment