Hello everyone, Shelby here! I know that you're wondering what I've been up to recently at the ripe old age of 14 months. I've actually been sick a lot over the last few weeks, but I've still been doing some fun new things in spite of being sickly.
First of all, I like to do everything by myself. Everything. If Mommy or Daddy try to feed me, I'll pinch my mouth shut and swing my head around to avoid the spoon. That results in a lot of scenes like this:
This is what it looks like when I "clean" myself:
I hate it when someone tries to wipe my face after I eat, and forget about trying to wipe my nose!
I've become a pretty picky eater. The only things that I like consistently are yogurt, applesauce, fruit (any kind) and puffs. Sometimes I like mashed potatoes, chicken nuggets, crackers and grilled cheese sandwiches. I HATE vegetables in any form, meat in most forms, and pretty much everything that Mommy cooks. (Mommy and Daddy are thinking about going back to baby food just to get me to eat something.)
Guess what? I'm a walker! (Mommy was worried that I'd be crawling across the stage at my high school graduation at the rate I was going, but I'm up and moving now.) I took my very first steps by myself on Christmas Day, and I'm getting more and more confident with it each day. Since I'm always on the move, I'm not making it easy for Mommy to get decent pictures.
In addition to walking, I'm also becoming quite the little chatterbox. Mommy and Daddy made a list of all the words that I say. (Keep in mind that this is a list of words that they understand, but most of them would probably just sound like gibberish to the average untrained ear.) Here it is:
Mama, Daddy (sounds more like Daieeee), Brett (Beh), sauce (as in applesauce), eyes, yes, no-no, bye-bye, night-night (nah nah), pacis (sounds like assees), Buzz (as in Lightyear), juice, please, treats, uh-oh, hi, achoo, this, that
(I also do signs for more, please, all done, and thank you.)
It's a pretty impressive list if I do say so myself!
This is me: Daddy calls me "Attitudy Judy." That about sums me up. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment