Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Where the air is sweet (Day 1)

Some of you may remember that Mommy and Daddy took me to Sesame Street (Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA) last summer before my baby sister was born.  Well, they decided to go back this year because we had so much fun!  This time, we went with our super good friends Reese and Emma (and their Mommy and Daddy).  Our adventure started off at the hotel - Reese and I had a blast jumping on the hotel bed!

Our first day at Sesame Place started out a little rough.  You would think Mommy and Daddy would have remembered the lesson that they learned last year: don't start Brett off on the carousel!  Apparently they forgot, though.  For some reason, I don't really like the horses, so Daddy and I rode on the bench while Reese and her Mommy rode horses.
After this ride, I wasn't in the greatest mood, but seeing Cookie Monster on the street helped to cheer me up a little!
The parents wanted to get a picture of Reese and me on the "stoop", but she was having some issues after falling and scraping her knee...we came back to this photo op later.
I checked out some of the other places on the Street, like Hooper's Store and the Fire Station.
 Mommy and Daddy remembered that last year they were able to salvage the beginning of our first morning at Sesame Street with a visit to Elmo's World Live, so we hit that up next.
Shelby got to meet Mr. Noodle up close!
When the show was over, we took a break for lunch and then Reese and I played in the water (Ernie's Rubber Duckie Pond) while the babies napped in the strollers.  After that we were all feeling refreshed and ready to go!
We went on the teacup ride...
We played in Ernie's Bed Bounce...
We went on Big Bird's Balloon Race...
We went down the giant slide...
We met lots of Sesame Street friends...

It was a great day at Sesame Street!

After we left the park (and were soaked in a torential downpour) we had dinner at Cracker Barrel and I taught Reese how to "play checkers."

Daddy said that the day was like a great sandwich on bad bread: it was rough at the beginning (with Reese and I both having some toddler issues), awesome in the middle, and a little rough again at the end (racing through the parking lot in the rain and getting totally soaked). 

No comments: