Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins

Hi everyone, Brett here. Last weekend we went to the pumpkin patch and I got to pick out some pumpkins that I liked. It turns out that we were just doing this so that we could cut them up! Can you believe that? Tonight I learned that when you cut off a pumpkin's "hat," it has lots of seeds and ooey gooey "guts" inside. I helped Daddy scoop out the guts, and then we played with them some in the bowl. (Mommy said she would have played too, but she was busy taking pictures. I think that she didn't want to stick her hands in the pumpkin guts.)
"My hands are yucky!"

After we scooped out the guts I helped Mommy draw the perfect face on my pumpkin. I wanted circles for eyes, a triangle nose, a smiley face with two teeth, and a chin. I showed her where to put all of the shapes.
Then Daddy cut out the shapes for me.
Pumpkin Cheese!

Here's my masterpiece!

I lost interest at that point, so Mommy and I went to the living room to read some books. Daddy carved the other pumpkin with silly squiggly eyes, nose and mouth. He even put a B for Brett on the back of his pumpkin! I think that this Halloween stuff is pretty great. Mommy says just wait until tomorrow...

No comments: