Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

5 months old

Hey everyone, Shelby here! Since I'm 5 months old now, Mommy decided to give me a chance to update you on what I've been up to. First of all, I'm getting much stronger. I can't quite sit up by myself yet, but I can sit on the floor with a little help from the Boppy. I like the freedom of not being held sometimes.
I am making lots of new noises and sounds, including the cutest giggle you've ever heard. Since my 4 month check up, I've discovered that I really like eating with a spoon. I was doing a great job with cereal (twice a day!) until I got sick. (Brett and I both had icky colds with fevers last week.) While I was sick I didn't really want to eat anything. Unfortunately, the medicine that the doc gave me had to be mixed in with food. Mommy was determined that my first food (besides the cereal) would be a veggie, but the illness kind of changed those plans. They had to feed me something that I would like better than cereal to make sure that I got my medicine, so that's when I met my new friend: applesauce! That stuff is delicious!
I'm starting to seem more like a little person and less like a "lump" (Mommy's word, not mine.) Daddy likes to say that my list of favorite people goes something like this: 1. Mommy, 2. Brett, 3. Mommy, 4. Mama Ellen, 5. Mommy, 6. Daddy. Now don't get me wrong, I do love my Mommy, but as you can see, I enjoy spending time with Daddy, too.
I really love to watch and play with my big brother, Brett, but he's becoming slightly less amused with me now that I am grabbing at things and wanting to play with his toys. Just today, we were having a little jam session with our guitars in the living room, and he kept trying to take my guitar away!
So, as you can see, life at 5 months is pretty good. I can't wait to see what 6 months is like!

No comments: